Evangelical Lutheran Church of Juuka

The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Juuka (Juuan evankelis-luterilainen kirkko) is built in 1850-1851 and ceremonically inaugurated into use 10.7.1859. The church is designed by architect C. A. Gustavsson, but the belfry is built by the people of Juuka in 1796. There's seats for 800 persons. The painting of the altar is a copy of A. Von Becker's work "Christ on a cross" (Kristus ristillä) and it's made by Kaarlo Kiljander (1885). The organ is made by the organ factory of Kangasala: organ is mechanical with 22-sound-folds and it is made in the year 1974.

In addition, there's multiple old soldier's graves around the church yeard.

Address: Tuhkalantie 2, 83900 Juuka

Open: 1.7.2020 - 31.8.2020 mon and tue 9AM-4PM.

Check out more pictures from the church below.

Municipality of Juuka

Municipality Hall of Juuka

Open mon - fri 9AM -3PM
Poikolantie 1, 83900 Juuka 

P. +358 40 104 2865 (Information point of the Municipality Hall)
P. +358 40 104 2000 (Switch number)
Fax. (+358 13) 472 123


Contact >>