Lakeview The Escutcheon of the Municipality of Juuka
Juuka - On the same trip
Juuka - On the same trip
Juuka has such a unique tourist destination due to its variable landscape, thick luscious forests and numerous islands and stop-over destinations: the sceneries from the lookout points on top of the dense forested hills or the breath-taking views of lake Pielinen from Paalasma, the highest island in Finland, bring about the beauty of the natural landscape of Finland. Juuka’s most popular attractions have caught the eye of tourists from all across the world. The 11 different nature destinations invite you to visit them to create new memories, build new friendships, rekindle old friendships and help you find yourself amongst the beauty of the Karelian mires & virgin forests, shop amongst friendly local entrepreneurs and satisfy your urge for Exquisite Karelian foods that will leave you content, satisfied & whole.
- Admire the pearl of the Pielinen - the archipelago of Paalasmaa! The main Island of Paalasma is one of the most densely populated islands in Finland.
- Buy souvenirs from local artists - Juuka is especially known for its handmade ceramics. We especially recommend a visit to the Karula's Yard of Arts and Mrs. Häyrinen's Mustikkapaikka -sales exhibition.
- Enjoy the unique mill of the Old Juuka and visit the Mill-museum, which is next to the scenic and beautiful yet challenging rapids of Herralankoski.
- Admire the oldest tourist resort in Finland: Koli! Koli has a natural ambient beauty that leaves tourists and visitors craving more.
- Check out the 11 nature destinations of Juuka that offer you adventures through forests, shores of multiple lakes, canyons and swamps.
The brochure shelf of the municipality hall offers information for tourists as well as various brochures. The information kiosk at the municipality hall also offers postcards representing Juuka and Koli. You can also find brochures from the Kolinportti (Kolintie 10, 83950 Ahmovaara) and the Corner of Elli (Väyryläntie 1, 83900 Juuka).
Kivikylä, The Stone Center
Kuhnustantie 10, 83940 Nunnanlahti
Open Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
+358 50 343 3600
Our main Info center in located in the Municipal hall;
Open: Mon - Fri, 9am - 3pm
Ph. +358 40 104 2865 (Information point of the Municipal Hall)
Ph. +358 40 104 2000 (Switchboard)
Fax. (+358 13) 472 123
There are also Info boards at various locations around Juuka, for instance;
Teboil gas station - Opposite the Kivikylä
Pullover stops on Highway 6
Note! Kartalla - Infogis.fi/juuka also in English!